Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Something I should have been worried about



So, after months of public worrying on this blog, I find myself on a 10-hour journey through three airports, several time zones, and an immigration checkpoint bringing my daughter, Cinderella, to Mexico to spend Xmas with my wife's family (she will join us later, after attending an ill-timed conference).

Here's what I worry about (in no particular order):

* The unlikely event of a water landing

* The airline losing my rolling suitcase that they forced me to gate-check

* The possibility that I am angering the one true g-d by celebrating a holiday outside my religion

Here's what actually happened:

* Cinderella got a stomach bug and puked all over me for 10 straight hours. Poor kid. She's a trooper though. Not sure how she's going to feel when I explain that she won't be allowed to eat all that candy in her stocking for another day...

2 comments:

Mike said...

Wow, poor thing. Not the best way to spend the holidays.

Worried Dad said...

She bounced back pretty quick. Just in time to start opening presents...